Wednesday, February 22, 2012
Easy Chicken and Rice Casserole
6 chicken breasts (cut into bite size pieces)
2 cups uncooked white rice
2 cups milk
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 tsp each salt and pepper
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 package dry onion soup mix
8 oz shredded cheese (whatever kind you like)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
2. In a medium bowl combine rice, milk, all soups, salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder. Mix well.
3. Pour mixture into a lightly greased 9x13 pan. Add the chicken pieces.
4. Cover the dish with aluminum foil and bake for 90 minutes, stirring every 30 minutes.
5. Uncover dish and top with cheese (as much as you like). Bake for another 15 minutes, uncovered.