Wednesday, September 12, 2012

GAMEDAY: Pulled Pork Sliders


Well someone pointed out to me that I should have posted a pork recipe, seeing as how we are playing the Arkansas Razorbacks this week. So we'll just call this "Part II". The breaded mushrooms probably won't fill everyone up anyway! 


Ingredients

Pork Shoulder or Pork Butt
BBQ Spice Rub
BBQ Sauce
Buns


Directions

In a covered roasting pan (I used my my Staub dutch oven from Williams Sonoma), place the pork.  Rub the BBQ spice rub on the surface of the meat.  Pour BBQ sauce on the top of the pork.  Place, covered, in a 250 degree oven for 4-6 hours.  

Remove from the oven and let sit for 1 hour.  Remove from the pan and pull the pork apart into bite-size pieces, separating the meat from the fat.  Skim the fat off of the drippings in the pan, then return the pulled pork pieces into the drippings.  If you have time, refrigerate the drippings to help the fat separate.  Serve warm or cold on the buns with BBQ sauce.


The pork, before it goes into the oven

So easy to prepare - you just have to have some time at home while it sits in the oven.  I'll cook it the night before, then refrigerate it over night to let the fat harden, so I can scrape it off of the top of the drippings.  


No comments:

Post a Comment