Monday, September 12, 2011

Rattlesnake Eggs

My sister found this recipe and shared it with me. Now when she first told me the name (before I knew any of the ingredients) I thought it sounded gross lol! But they are so good, and addicting! You can make them for breakfast or as an appetizer.

Ingredients:
8 ounce(s) of Original Philadelphia Cream Cheese, Softened
2 Packages Refrigerated Crescent Roll Dough (8 oz each)
16 ounce(s) of Pork Breakfast Sausage

Directions:
Break up the breakfast sausage into a medium size skillet. On medium heat cook the sausage until brown and cooked through completely. Drain sausage and set aside. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl combine the softened philadelphia cream cheese and the drained breakfast sausage. Mix together until combined. This should be pretty simple since your cream cheese is softened and your sausage is still warm. Open both cans of crescent roll dough. Unroll and seperate into triangles. You will have 16 individual triangles. Spoon one heaping tablespoon of cream cheese mixture onto each crescent roll. Roll up each crescent roll starting from the widest part to the point. Place on a lightly greased baking sheet. Place in a 350 degree oven for 15-20 minutes, bake until the crescent rolls are golden brown and cook through. Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet, remove and serve.

1 comment:

  1. O.o That does sound yummy! I'm not too big on pork; I wonder if I can substitute the sausage for something else?

    ReplyDelete